Our 2nd family at Wyoming Public Radio (WPR) will be unleashing the debut spin of the first single from Modern Settler, “Wicked Ways,” on Morning Music today! You can tune into WPR live on the radio dial, on your computer or mobile device at 11:30 am MST by clicking here.
- The first 25 CD pre-orders receive a FREE mystery gift, a survival item for the Modern Settler in you!
- FREE digital album included with every CD Pre-Order (download code sent to your inbox on Feb 10)
- Album cover features illustration by Paul Puckett on recycled chipboard. Using offset lithography (a planographic printing process) the artwork was carried to chipboard via thin metal plates, so every album cover has its own character and imperfections. No plastic tray, no plastic on the outside, another component to being a Modern Settler.
- NEW Limited Edition Zip Hoodies, Limited Edition Cadet Hats, and tees
- Pre-order packages will ship no later than Jan. 27
- Click here to Pre-Order
Pre-Order Packages Include…
Fri. Dec 5 & Sat. Dec 6 – 7:30 pm – Silver Dollar Bar
Jackson…it’s been awhile! We haven’t played our hometown since August and we’ve got a batch of new songs to share with y’all. So come on out this Friday & Saturday to the Silver Dollar Bar & Grill (Wort Hotel). Both shows run 7:30 – 11p. Let’s celebrate the winter season and boogie a bit!
The new Screen Door Porch studio album, Modern Settler, will be released February 10! Recorded at The Henhouse Studio in Teton Valley, Idaho, this 10-track set reflects a series of evolutions for SDP. With a batch of locally rooted songs, it was a no-brainer to record close to home with our longtime brethren rhythm section—drummer/harmony vocalist Andy Peterson and bassist Tom Davidson. Modern Settler is a true quartet album full of rhythm, co-produced by Aaron, Seadar and Ben Winship, the masterful engineer and world-class mandolin player known for his stage time with Loose Ties, Brother Mule, and Growling Old Men, among others.
Our experience over nine days at The Henhouse inspired a lot of intense hacky sack sessions, but also a handful of ‘firsts’ that developed from experimentation in the studio and extensive touring as a quartet—a heavy dose of 3-part harmonies via Peterson, instrumentation we’ve never considered (bouzouki, chains, horns, broom), more high-octane slide guitar, and a foray into recording and arranging two cover songs that fit like a glove. Being in the Tetons, we also had the luxury of inviting some of our favorite local players to track with us.
Album PRE-ORDERs, stealthy extras, and original artwork
Modern Settler Tracklist
- Wicked Ways (A. Davis)
- Poor Elijah/Tribute to Johnson (Delaney Bramlett/J. Ford/Leon Russell)
- The Canyon (S. Rose/A. Davis)
- Street People (Bobby Charles)
- Chasin’ Homesteader Blues (A. Davis/S. Rose)
- 1937 (A. Davis)
- A Little More (S. Rose/A. Davis)
- Wish I Was a Teton (A. Davis)
- Wren Bird Song (S. Rose)
- She Speaks Through Me (A. Davis)
There’s no denying that it’s a good feeling when SDP’s favorite magazine gives us a shout out and puts us in such good company. Paste Magazine’s 50 States Project visited the Wyo songwriter landscape and highlighted “nine impressive musical discoveries,” including all WYOmericana Caravan bands from the last two years and our hometown friends, The Flannel Attractions. Woop!